Always dreamed of working in the thriving Café culture scene? Our Cafe Chef course teaches you valuable skills Café owners are looking for in their kitchen staff, and gives you the confidence to become part of any café team.
- Apply for a Café position
- Upskill in your current position
- Showcase your skills with our e-portfolio and digital badge
- Impress friends and family with your culinary know-how
Mode of Learning
Online – Blended Learning
What you will learn:
- Food safety in catering
- Safety at work – an essential for all Café work
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by frying
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by braising and stewing
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by boiling, poaching and steaming
Giving you all the skills to create dishes from a “big breakfast” to “braised Lamb Shanks”.
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology driven education which comprises of accredited courses as well as a range of industry specific, hobby and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
Taught by industry leading chef educators, blended learning combines in-person teaching and online education, which is a transition away from the days when a teacher would stand up in front of a room and lecture for an hour. This is largely thanks to the rapid development of technology, which allows us to learn at a faster, broader rate. The blended learning approach is extremely flexible, meaning that hospitality students can study and work at the same time.
We work closely with our students to offer our unique career related programme which includes an industry externship, ensuring students gain the necessary skills to be confident in a commercial culinary environment.