The Knife Skills Course
We are excited to welcome you to our professional Knife Skills course.
This course will enable you to understand safe knife use in the kitchen, be able select the correct knives for different uses, care for knives and cutting equipment in the kitchen.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of knives and cutting equipment
- Select the appropriate knife or cutting equipment for use
- Maintain, care and correctly store knives and cutting equipment
- Prevent injury through the use of knives
- Carry and handle knives correctly
- Clean, wash, sharpen and store knives and cutting equipment
Mode of Learning
Online – Blended Learning
In this programme you will learn the skills you need to gain confidence and knowledge in:
- Safe knife use
- How to use knives and cutting equipment
- Be able to use knives and cutting equipment
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology driven education which comprises of accredited courses as well as a range of industry specific, hobby and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
Taught by industry leading chef educators, blended learning combines in-person teaching and online education, which is a transition away from the days when a teacher would stand up in front of a room and lecture for an hour. This is largely thanks to the rapid development of technology, which allows us to learn at a faster, broader rate. The blended learning approach is extremely flexible, meaning that hospitality students can study and work at the same time.
We work closely with our students to offer our unique career related programme which includes an industry externship, ensuring students gain the necessary skills to be confident in a commercial culinary environment.