User Provided Information
The Website/services/products obtains the information you provide when you use the Website. When you register with us, you generally provide (a) your name, age, email address, location, phone number, password and your ward’s educational interests; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help. The said information collected from the users could be categorized as “Personal Information”, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information”. Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information and Associated Information (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules”)) shall collectively be referred to as ‘Information’ in this Policy. We may use the Information to contact you from time to time, to provide you with the Services, important information, required notices and marketing promotions. We will ask you when we need more information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. We will not differentiate between who is using the device to access the Website, so long as the log in/access credentials match with yours. In order to make the best use of the Website and enable your Information to be captured accurately on the Website, it is essential that you have logged in using your own credentials. We will, at all times, provide the option to you to not provide the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, which we seek from you. Further, you shall, at any time while using the Website, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier to us to use such Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Such withdrawal of the consent is required to be sent in writing to us at the contact details provided in this Policy below. In such event, however, the EdVantage fully reserves the right not to allow further usage of the Website or provide any services/products thereunder to you.
Collection Of Data
- The Information shall be collected through the Website or through third party platforms or the user device.
- As part of the services, you authorize us to import your details and Information dispersed over third party platforms.
- We also collect from your mobile device a unique ID (where your device is an iPhone, we also collect the Apple-recommended CFUUID (the Core Foundation Universally Unique Identifier)) and you consent to the same by installation or use of the Website.
- You understand and acknowledge that the EdVantage reserves the right to track your location (“Track”) during the provision of the services. Discontinuation of our services, shall not release you from the responsibility, obligation and liability to repay the outstanding amount(s).
We shall use the User data in the following cases:
- to provide you with the services and to assist you in the event you need additional support;
- to access your credit worthiness;
- to maintain and manage your user account;
- to assist you with technical difficulties that may arise in relation to your use and access of the Website;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- for analytics;
- to comply with our legal or statutory obligations;
- to contact you about important announcements and other important information about your user account, the Website and the services;
- in order to define your profile;
- Additionally, you authorize us to share your Information and user data with third parties for the purpose of facilitation of provision of services and to ensure our compliance with the law.
- You authorize EdVantage to share your Information and user data to educational institutions and educational partners and other associates and affiliates of EdVantage in order to enable smooth facilitation of the educational process.
- User generated content is not confidential or proprietary. You grant, and warrant that you have the right to grant us a non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual right to use your user generated content in any manner or media now or later developed, for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, including the right to translate, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, sublicense, distribute, assign and commercialize without any payment due to you.
If you opted-in to receive information about our Website, application, service, updates and offers, we will use your name and email address to send the above information to you. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the emails you receive or on our website. Please note that we may send you transactional and relationship messages, even if you have unsubscribed from our marketing communications. For instance, if our service is going to be temporarily suspended for maintenance, we may send you an email to update you of the temporary suspension.
When you voluntarily send us any communication via sms/electronic mail, we shall retain a record of this information so that we may respond to you. We only collect information from you when you register on our website or fill out a form requesting you to share such information. While filling out a form on our website/application, you may be asked to share your name, e-mail ID or phone number. You may however choose to visit our website anonymously. In case you have submitted your personal information including contact information, we reserve the rights to communicate to you through modes including but not restricted to calls, SMS, email, whatsapp about our products, offers, even if your number has the Do Not Disturb (DND) service activated.
- If you wish to close your user account altogether, please let us know by submitting a request to email@example.com .We may retain information about you in our databases for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and in accordance with applicable laws. Our retention and use of your information will be as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- The retention period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later or for our commercial records. We may disclose Information if required to do so by law or in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to court orders or other legal processes.
- We may also retain the user information to provide you paramount services if you reopen your account. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting Information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist even after deletion.
- We value your Information, and protect it on the Website against loss, misuse or alteration by taking extensive security measures. In order to protect your Information, we have implemented stringent security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Once your information is in our possession, we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
- Although we provide appropriate firewalls and protections, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted as our systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible and we take no liabilities or responsibilities for it.
- You are responsible for all actions that take place under your user account. If you choose to share your user account details and password or any Information with third parties, you are solely responsible for the same. In the event of any misuse of your user account by any third party, in any manner, you may lose substantial control over your Information and may be subject to legally binding actions.
Access To Information
We will respond to your request about access to the information we collect about you within the time frame required by applicable law. The following persons may have access to the user data:
- Administrators: We shall provide access to your Personal information to our authorized administrators for business purposes, who shall be under confidentiality obligations towards the same.
- Affiliates: We may provide Personal Information we collect to our affiliates for the purpose of compliance with applicable law and to provide our service efficiently.
- Educational institutes: We may provide Personal Information to the educational institutes.
- Joint Marketing Arrangements: Where permitted by law, we may share your Personal Information with joint marketers with whom we have a marketing arrangement, we would require all such joint marketers to have written contracts with us that specify the appropriate use of your Personal Information, require them to safeguard your Personal Information, and prohibit them from making unauthorized or unlawful use of your Personal Information.
- Persons who acquire our assets or business: If we choose to sell or transfer any of our business or assets, certain Personal Information may be a part of that sale or transfer.
- Legal and Regulatory Authorities: We may be required to disclose your Personal Information due to legal or regulatory requirements. In such instances, we reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required in order to comply with our legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with court orders, warrants, or discovery requests. We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to law enforcement officers or others;
- to credit information companies;
- to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us or the Platform;
- for an insolvency proceeding involving all or part of the business or asset to which the information pertains;
- respond to claims that any Personal Information violates the rights of third-parties;
- or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of EdVantage, or the general public.
You agree and acknowledge that we may not inform you prior to or after disclosures made according to this section.
- Notwithstanding anything mentioned hereinabove, EdVantage shall not be responsible for the actions or omissions of the service providers or parties with whom the Personal Information is shared, nor shall EdVantage be responsible and/or liable for any additional information you may choose to provide directly to any service provider or any third party.
- We may share your information to other third parties, in which case we will protect your information by aggregation or de-identification of the information, so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- In situations other than as set out above, you will receive prior written notice when information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose whether or not to grant them access to the information.
- We may provide you with certain ancillary services such as chat rooms, blogs and reviews for the Services. Subject to any applicable laws, any communication shared by you via the Application or through any other medium, reviews or otherwise to us (including without limitation contents, images, audio, financial information, feedback etc. collectively “Feedback”) is on a non-confidential basis, and we are under no obligation to refrain from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using it in any way or for any purpose.
- You shall be responsible for the content and information contained in any Feedback shared by you through the Platform or otherwise to us, including without limitation for its truthfulness and accuracy. Sharing your Feedback with us, constitutes an assignment to us of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Feedback and you authorize us to use the Feedback for any purpose, which we may deem fit.
Limitation Of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that EdVantage shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, information, details or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your Personal Information.
Changes To This Policy
- This Agreement shall be construed and governed by the laws of New Zealand and courts in Auckland New Zealand shall have exclusive jurisdiction over such disputes without regard to principles of conflict of laws.
- In case you need to access, review, and/or make changes to the Personal Information, you shall have to login to your User Account and change the requisite details. You shall keep your Personal Information updated to help us better serve you.
- When you use our application, we use action tags (also called pixel tags, clear GIF, or beacons) to identify the content that you visit and how you use such content. Action tags may collect and transmit this data in a manner that identifies you if you have registered with our application or are logged into our application. We also use action tags in our emails, to determine whether an email was opened or whether it was forwarded to someone else.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and accuracy of your password, email address, and other account information at all times. We recommend a strong password that you do not use with other services. We are not responsible for personal data transmitted to a third party as a result of an incorrect email address.
- If you prefer not to receive promotional emails from EdVantage, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any promotional email that we send you to remove your email address from future promotional email campaigns. If you have difficulty with the unsubscribe process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .