Our Professional Cake Baking Course has been designed to give you the techniques and skills to become a successful cake baker. If you are an aspiring cake baker, then this is the course for you. You will be sure to impress your family and friends or turn your hobby into a business!
In this programme you will have access to over 200 demonstrated videos of different cakes and baking products and will bake three different cakes
Mode of Learning
Online – Blended Learning
Modules included are:
- Knowledge and techniques to bake a range of cakes
- Selecting the best ingredients and equipment
- Baking methods include: Flour Batter, Blending, Creaming, Tea Cake and All in.
- Ratios and Yields how to increase or decrease your servings size
- Baking Faults: how to fix them
- Creating a Healthy Cake
- Sponges and Fruit Cakes
- Cake fillings and Icings.
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology driven education which comprises of accredited courses as well as a range of industry specific, hobby and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
Taught by industry leading chef educators, blended learning combines in-person teaching and online education, which is a transition away from the days when a teacher would stand up in front of a room and lecture for an hour. This is largely thanks to the rapid development of technology, which allows us to learn at a faster, broader rate. The blended learning approach is extremely flexible, meaning that hospitality students can study and work at the same time.
We work closely with our students to offer our unique career related programme which includes an industry externship, ensuring students gain the necessary skills to be confident in a commercial culinary environment.
for submission to the Chef Instructor who will give you individual feedback.
You can choose to make any three cakes, including:
- Basic Cakes – Marble Cake with Chocolate Anglaise
- Sponges – Sponge Fingers which will be used in a Tiramisu
- Healthy Cakes – Carrot Cake with a Cream Cheese Icing
- Gateaux – Banana Sponge Roll
- Genoese Sponge – Hazelnut Cream Icing
- Fruit Cake – Decorated with Fondant Icing
- Chocolate Moulds – Praline Filled
- Hand Dipped Chocolates – Marzipan Filled
- Chocolate Flowers
- Chocolate Box