Higher National Diploma Computing
Higher National Diploma Computing
Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications in Computing offers:
- A stimulating and challenging program of study that will be engaging and memorable for students.
- The essential subject knowledge that students need to progress successfully into further study or the world of work.
- A simplified structure: students undertake a substantial core of learning in the BTEC Higher National Certificate and can build on this in the BTEC Higher National Diploma, with specialized and optional units linked to their area of study.
- Six specialized pathways in the BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma, so there is something to suit each student’s preference of study and future progression plans.
- Refreshed content that is closely aligned with Professional Body, vendor, employer and higher education needs.
- Assessments that consider cognitive skills (what students know) along with affective and applied skills (how they behave and what they can do, respectively)
- Unit-specific grading and Pearson set assignments.
- A varied approach to assessment that supports progression to Level 6 and also allows centers to offer assessments relevant to the local economy, thereby accommodating and enhancing different learning styles.
- Quality assurance measures – as outlined in sections 6 and 7 of this Program Specification – to ensure that all stakeholders (e.g., professional bodies, vendors, universities, businesses, colleges and students) can feel confident in the integrity and value of the qualifications.
|4||Database Design & Development||15|
|6||Managing a Successful Computing Project||15|
|7||Website Design & Development||15|
|8||Strategic Information Systems||15|
|11||E-commerce & Strategy||15|
|15||Computing Research Project||30|
What will I learn?
How Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing provide both transferable employability skills and academic study skills
Students need both relevant qualifications and employability skills to enhance their career prospects and contribute to their personal development. Pearson BTEC Higher National Computing qualifications embed the development of key skills throughout the programme; attributes and strengths required by 21st century employers.
Where employability skills are referred to in this specification, this generally refers to skills in three main categories:
- Cognitive and problem-solving skills: critical thinking, approaching non-routine problems by applying expert and creative solutions, use of systems and digital technology, generating and communicating ideas creatively.
- Intra-personal skills: self-management, adaptability and resilience, self-monitoring and self-development, self-analysis and reflection, planning and prioritising.
- Interpersonal skills: effective communication and articulation of information, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, self-presentation.
<li>No entrance exam required but students are expected to be proficient in English</li>
<li>Degrees are WES approved</li>
<p>We provide a One-Stop-Shop solution servicing all your needs from</p>
<li>Tuition fee payment, </li>
<li>Visa application (for your next On-campus course),and</li>
<li>Other destination services - insurance, forex, accommodation arrangement etc.</li></ul><br>
<p>through our parent company EdVantage International Consulting Limited. </p><br>
<p>Enjoy FREE or Discounted services when you book through EdVantage E-Cert!</p>
<p>Book your Foundation or Pathway course today on Edvantage E-cert.</p>
WESTFORD UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Westford draws upon global best practices of pedagogy in online and onsite learning, that results in providing an ‘interactive peer-to-peer learning environment’, ‘develops advanced research capabilities, ‘academic rigor’, through a broader choice of “carefully designed options” undergraduate education programs and professional certifications ably suited for meeting the evolving needs of regular students and working professionals. Westford University College optimally utilizes sophisticated technology and the power of the Internet to bring to you an invaluable learning experience encapsulating the global know-how of the industry best practices.
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 35,000 employees in more than 70 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. Edexcel, BTEC, and LCCI qualifications are awarded by Pearson, the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognized and benchmarked. Pearson believes in putting the learner at the center of everything because wherever learning flourishes, people do as well
BTEC is one of the world’s most successful and best-loved applied learning brands, engaging students in practical, interpersonal, and thinking skills for more than thirty years.
BTECs are work-related qualifications for students taking their first steps into employment, or for those already in employment and seeking career development opportunities. BTECs provide progression into the workplace either directly or via study at university and are also designed to meet employer’s needs. Therefore, Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications are widely recognized by the industries and higher education sector, as the principal vocational qualification at Levels 4 and 5. When redeveloping the Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications in Computing, we collaborated with a wide range of students, employers, higher education providers, colleges, and subject experts to ensure that the new qualifications meet their needs and expectations. We also worked closely with the relevant professional bodies, to ensure alignment with recognized professional standards.
There is now a greater emphasis on employer engagement and work readiness. The new Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications in Computing is designed to reflect this increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Levels 4 and 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment and to progression to a degree at Level 6.
Liverpool John Moores University, UK Pearson