ICS Diploma in Professional Cookery
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to further your chef career and prepare you for a position in this exciting culinary world.
Mode of Learning
Online – Blended Learning
In this programme you will learn the skills you need to gain confidence and knowledge in:
- Safety at Work
- food safety in catering
- Prepare Food for Cold Presentation
- Healthier Foods & Special Diets
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Stocks, Soups & Sauces
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Fish & Shellfish
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Meat, Poultry & Offal
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Vegetables, Fruits & Pulses
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Rice, Grain, Farinaceous Products & Egg Dishes
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Bakery Products
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Hot & Cold Desserts and Puddings
- Catering Operations, Costs and Menu Planning
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology driven education which comprises of accredited courses as well as a range of industry specific, hobby and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
Taught by industry leading chef educators, blended learning combines in-person teaching and online education, which is a transition away from the days when a teacher would stand up in front of a room and lecture for an hour. This is largely thanks to the rapid development of technology, which allows us to learn at a faster, broader rate. The blended learning approach is extremely flexible, meaning that hospitality students can study and work at the same time.
We work closely with our students to offer our unique career related programme which includes an industry externship, ensuring students gain the necessary skills to be confident in a commercial culinary environment.