Learn Hiring for Success – Behavioral Interviewing Techniques Online
Interviewing sounds easy enough: you arrange for a conversation between you and potential candidates, and then select the best person for a particular position. But what if you could refine the process in such a way that you were confident that you are selecting the right person? How do you separate the good from the great, when they have similar work experience and strengths to offer? This course will give you the skills and tools to hire successful candidates.
This will help you know how to:
- Recognize the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made.
- Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
- Prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets.
- Be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
- Use traditional, behavioral, achievement oriented, holistic, and situational (critical incident) interview questions.
- Enhance communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter.
- Effectively interview difficult applicants.
- Check references more effectively.
- Understand the basic employment and human rights laws that can affect the hiring process.
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: History of the Interviewing Process
- Session Three: The Recruitment and Selection Process
- Session Four: Factors in the Hiring Process
- Session Five: Cost Analysis
- Session Six: Job Analysis and Position Profiles
- Session Seven: Determining the Skills You Need
- Session Eight: Finding Candidates
- Session Nine: Advertising Guidelines
- Session Ten: Screening Resumes
- Session Eleven: Performance Assessments
- Session Twelve: Problems Recruiters Face
- Session Thirteen: Interviewing Barriers
- Session Fourteen: Non-Verbal Communication
- Session Fifteen: Types of Questions
- Session Sixteen: Case Study
- Session Seventeen: Traditional vs. Behavioral Interviews
- Session Eighteen: Other Types of Questions
- Session Nineteen: The Critical Incident Technique
- Session Twenty: Listening for Answers
- Session Twenty-One: Difficult Applicants
- Session Twenty-Two: Interview Preparation and Format
- Session Twenty-Three: Other Interview Techniques
- Session Twenty-Four: Scoring Responses
- Session Twenty-Five: Checking References
- Session Twenty-Six: Human Rights
- Session Twenty-Seven: Skill Application
- Session Twenty-Eight: Pre-Assignment Review
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?