Learn Lean Process Improvement Online
Lean principles have come a long way over the past 300 years. From Benjamin Franklin’s early ideas, to Henry Ford’s work in the 1920’s and the Toyoda precepts in the 1930’s, to Jeffery Liker’s publication of The Toyota Way in 2004, Lean processes have evolved from a simple concept to a set of widely used best practices. This course provides the foundation to begin implementing Lean process improvement tools in your workplace. Explore the foundations of Lean through the Toyota precepts and the five critical improvement concepts (value, waste, variation, complexity, and continuous improvement). Gain tools to perform continuous improvement in your organization, including 5S, 5W-2H, PDSA, DMAIC, Kaizen, Genchi Genbutsu, and various Lean data mapping methods.
This will help you know how to:
- Define Lean and its key terms
- Describe the Toyota Production System and the TPS house
- Describe the five critical improvement concepts
- Use the Kano model to understand, describe, analyze, and improve value
- Identify and reduce various types of waste o Create a plan for a more environmentally Lean organization
- Use the PDSA and R-DMAIC-S models to plan, execute, and evaluate Lean changes
- Use Lean thinking frameworks, including 5W-2H, Genchi Genbutsu and Gemba
- Prepare for and complete a basic 5-S
- Describe the key elements of Kaizen events, particularly a Kaizen blitz
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data using flow charts, Ishikawa (fishbone) diagrams, SIPOC diagrams, and value stream maps
- Go back to your organization with a plan to begin incorporating Lean into your corporate culture
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Understanding Lean
- Session Three: The Toyota Production System
- Session Four: The Toyota Production System House
- Session Five: The Five Critical Improvement Concepts
- Session Six: Understanding Value with the Kano Model
- Session Seven: Types of Waste
- Session Eight: Creating a Lean Enterprise
- Session Nine: The Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) Cycle
- Session Ten: Using the R-DMAIC-S Model
- Session Eleven: Lean Thinking Tools
- Session Twelve: Kaizen Events
- Session Thirteen: Data Gathering and Mapping
- Session Fourteen: A Plan to Take Home
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?