Learn Negotiation Skills Online
Although people often think of high-stakes deals and crucial financial agreements when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we negotiate all the time: with our clients, suppliers, managers, colleagues and even with our family members. It is therefore important for each one of us to understand the basic principles of negotiations and develop the skills needed for successful negotiating.
This course touches on the basics and the phases of the negotiation process, how to prepare for a negotiation, mutual gain, dealing with difficult issues as well as negotiations in and outside the workplace.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Use basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else
- Lesson 1: Negotiation Basics
- Lesson 2: Getting Prepared
- Lesson 3: Laying the Groundwork
- Lesson 4: Phase One – Exchanging Information
- Lesson 5: Phase Two – Bargaining
- Lesson 6: Mutual Gain
- Lesson 7: Phase Three – Closing
- Lesson 8: Dealing with Difficult Issues
- Lesson 9: Negotiating Outside the Boardroom
- Lesson 10: Negotiating on Behalf of Someone Else
Anyone willing to improve their negotiation skills for professional or personal reasons
Business owners, managers and leaders
It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?