Learn Public Speaking – Speaking Under Pressure
This course has been designed for those in positions where they must speak in front of audiences that are hostile or demanding. This material is also suitable for those who are relatively new speakers who want some encouragement to speak up in meetings or who want some training before they begin making presentations on behalf of the organization. Speaking under pressure, or thinking on your feet, means being able to quickly organize your thoughts and ideas, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to your audience to modify their attitudes or behavior. It applies to formal speeches as well as everyday business situations. It requires presence of mind, goal orientation, adaptation, and judgment. It also requires differentiating between oral and written communications. This course is aimed at improving your skills and learning some new techniques which will give you the persuasive edge when you are making a presentation, fielding difficult questions, or presenting complex information.
Specific learning objectives include:
- Apply quick and easy preparation methods that will work whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- Prepare for questions, even before you know what those questions will be.
- Overcome nervousness that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Use presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Getting Started
- Session Three: Planning
- Session Four: Force Field Analysis
- Session Five: Understanding Your Audience
- Session Six: Controlling Your Jitters
- Session Seven: Making Your Listener Hear You
- Session Eight: Key Themes
- Session Nine: Key Sentences
- Session Ten: Structuring Ideas
- Session Eleven: Organization Methods
- Session Twelve: Our Body Language
- Session Thirteen: If You Could Be…
- Session Fourteen: Beginnings and Endings
- Session Fifteen: Expanding a Basic Plan
- Session Sixteen: Presentations
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?