Learn Research Skills Online
In this age of information overload, it can be hard to know where to find good information that you can trust. If you’re doing research for an important project, report, or proposal, how do you find information that you can count on? Find out how to research any topic using a number of different tools. Start with basic techniques, such as reading, memory recall, note-taking, and planning. Create different kinds of outlines for different stages of your project, and how to move from the outline to actual writing, editing, and polishing. Most importantly, learn how to use all kinds of sources, including a library’s Dewey Decimal System, journals, and the Internet. After you complete this course, you’ll be ready to find reliable information on any topic, and turn that information into a compelling, accurate piece of writing.
This will help you know how to:
- Identify the benefits to proper research and documentation
- Read for maximum information retention and recall
- Take effective notes
- Plan a research strategy
- Identify and use various types of research sources
- Create preliminary and final outlines
- Use style guides and be able to identify the most common styles
- Document and attribute your work to ensure you don’t plagiarize
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Why Are Research Skills Important?
- Session Three: Basic Skills
- Session Four: Planning Your Research Strategy
- Session Five: Where to Look and What to Look For
- Session Six: Finding Information the Old-Fashioned Way
- Session Seven: Researching with the Internet
- Session Eight: Getting Ready to Write
- Session Nine: Putting Pen to Paper
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?