Orientation Handbook – Getting Employees off to a Good Start
An effective human resource professional knows that managing employee performance is more than responding to problems, conducting performance reviews, or hiring staff. Performance management begins with an orientation to the organization and the job, and continues on a daily basis as employees are trained and coached. A thoughtful new employee orientation program, coupled with an employee handbook (or website) that communicates workplace policies, can reduce turnover and those reductions save your organization money. Whether your company has two employees or a thousand employees, don’t leave employee retention to chance. Engage them from the moment they are hired; give them what they need to feel welcome, and let them impress you with what they bring to your company.
This course is just the start that you need:
- Understand how important an orientation program is to an organization.
- Identify the role of the human resource department in the orientation program.
- Recognize how the commitment curve affects both new employees and their managers.
- Know what companies can do to deliver their promise to new employees.
- Determine the critical elements of effective employee training.
- Establish the importance of having an employee handbook for new and long-term employees.
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Finding, Hiring, and Keeping Good People
- Session Three: Building Employee Commitment and Engagement
- Session Four: Perception
- Session Five: Fast-Track Orientation
- Session Six: Designing a Successful Orientation Program
- Session Seven: Characteristics of a Successful Orientation Process
- Session Eight: The Commitment Curve
- Session Nine: Nine Orientation Habits of World-Class Employers
- Session Ten: Obtaining Buy-In
- Session Eleven: Employee Training
- Session Twelve: Adult Learning
- Session Thirteen: Working with External Providers
- Session Fourteen: Helping People Make Connections
- Session Fifteen: Creating Employee Manuals
- Session Sixteen: A Bridge to Onboarding
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?