The Barista Course
This course will enable you to demonstrate knowledge of commercial espresso coffee equipment and prepare espresso beverages under supervision.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Confidently make a range of espresso coffees and beverages
- Understand how to use an espresso commercial coffee machine
- Keep your commercial coffee machine equipment clean
Mode of Learning
Online – Blended Learning
What you will learn:
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial espresso equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of making espresso and other beverages using commercial espresso equipment
- Prepare espresso beverages under supervision
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology driven education which comprises of accredited courses as well as a range of industry specific, hobby and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
Taught by industry leading chef educators, blended learning combines in-person teaching and online education, which is a transition away from the days when a teacher would stand up in front of a room and lecture for an hour. This is largely thanks to the rapid development of technology, which allows us to learn at a faster, broader rate. The blended learning approach is extremely flexible, meaning that hospitality students can study and work at the same time.
We work closely with our students to offer our unique career related programme which includes an industry externship, ensuring students gain the necessary skills to be confident in a commercial culinary environment.