The Kitchen Hand Course
This course will enable you to demonstrate and be able to understand safe food handling procedures, identify hazards in the kitchen, receive and store food as well as set up the kitchen.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify common hazards and risks associated with them
- Identify knowledge of risk in the kitchen and the control thereof
- Have knowledge of food safety practices
- Have a range of food safety skills
- Be able to keep the working areas and self -clean and hygienic
- Be able to receive and store food
- Be able to hold and serve food
- Be able to set up the kitchen for the chef
Mode of Learning
Online – Blended Learning
In this programme you will learn the skills you need to gain confidence and knowledge in:
- How to identify and control hazards in the workplace
- Understand risk assessment in the workplace
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand how to keep yourself clean and hygienic
- Understand how to keep the working area clean and hygienic
- How to receive and store food correctly
- Know how to hold cold and hot cooked food and serve safely
- Set up the kitchen for the chef
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology driven education which comprises of accredited courses as well as a range of industry specific, hobby and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
Taught by industry leading chef educators, blended learning combines in-person teaching and online education, which is a transition away from the days when a teacher would stand up in front of a room and lecture for an hour. This is largely thanks to the rapid development of technology, which allows us to learn at a faster, broader rate. The blended learning approach is extremely flexible, meaning that hospitality students can study and work at the same time.
We work closely with our students to offer our unique career related programme which includes an industry externship, ensuring students gain the necessary skills to be confident in a commercial culinary environment.