The Practical Trainer
Most people who call themselves trainers today probably didn’t start out to be trainers. They often work in a field where they develop extensive knowledge and then are asked to share what they know. Many trainers have some experience with teaching, writing, or leadership, although they come from nearly every field. As such, people who work as trainers are often put into difficult situations without much understanding of what training is or how to do it well. We know that being a good trainer is the result of developing skills to bring information to an audience. This information will then engage, empower, and encourage continued learning and development. This will give you the skills that you need so that your students not only learn, but also enjoy the process, retain information shared, and use their new skills back in the workplace. Participants will also have the opportunity to conduct a short group training session that incorporates these training concepts.
Learning objectives will include:
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their training needs, including the different learning styles and adult learning principles.
- Know how to write objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met at the end of a training session.
- Develop an effective training style, using appropriate training aids and techniques.
- Conduct a short group training session that incorporates these training concepts.
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Defining a Successful Training Program
- Session Three: What Makes a Successful Trainer?
- Session Four: A Word About Adult Learning
- Session Five: The Learning Process
- Session Six: Principles of Adult Learning
- Session Seven: What’s Your Type? How About Mine?
- Session Eight: Applying the Learning Cycle
- Session Nine: Extroverts and Introverts
- Session Ten: The Training Process
- Session Eleven: Planning Training
- Session Twelve: Choosing Training Methods
- Session Thirteen: Designing a Learning Sequence
- Session Fourteen: Adding Games
- Session Fifteen: Setting the Climate
- Session Sixteen: Presentation Skills
- Session Seventeen: Dealing with Difficult Trainees
- Session Eighteen: On-the-Job Training
- Session Nineteen: Training Presentations
- Session Twenty: Designing Evaluations
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?