Workplace Harassment – What It Is and What to Do About It
In 2012 alone, the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ordered that $365,400,000 (that’s 365.4 million dollars!) be paid out for discrimination and harassment charges. No wonder companies are working to be more proactive in preventing harassment. But how do you prevent harassment from occurring? What sorts of policies should be in place? What should managers do to protect their employees? And if a complaint is filed, what will we do? All of these questions (and more!) will be answered in this course. (Source for statistics: http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics/enforcement/all.cfm)
This course will help you learn how to:
- Explain what is acceptable behavior in the workplace and what is not, and why
- Apply the benefits of harassment training
- Define the various types of harassment, including sexual harassment
- Assist in creating a harassment policy
- State some ways to prevent harassment and understand what role they can play
- Demonstrate some ways to protect themselves from harassment
- Know what to do if they are harassed or accused of harassment
- Understand the complaint process, from the complaint to the reply, to mediation or investigation, to a solution
- Identify situations where mediation is appropriate, and understand how mediation works in those situations
- Describe appropriate solutions for a harassment incident
- Know what to do if a complaint is false
- Help their workplace return to normal after a harassment incident
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: The Background
- Module Three: Developing an Anti-Harassment Policy
- Module Four: Policies in the Workplace
- Module Five: Proper Procedures in the Workplace
- Module Six: False Allegations
- Module Seven: Other Options
- Module Eight: Sexual Harassment
- Module Nine: Mediation
- Module Ten: Conflict Resolution
- Module Eleven: The Aftermath
- Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
EdVantage e-Cert is an online endeavor to provide access to education and innovative learning across a wide range of fields of study. It aims to bring you affordable and accredited courses from reputed and credible education providers worldwide.
EdVantage e-Cert through its e-Smart courses aims to provide training and courses which will ensures you step into your dream job. Now you can polish your knowledge and skills to get Job-ready or gain a new qualification form a Certification to an e-MBA all in the comfort of your home!
Whether you are looking to gain a qualification or you simply want to improve your understanding of basic industry practices and trends, an employee who is chasing a promotion and upskilling or simply someone with a years of experience but lacking formal qualifications on paper- EdVantage e-Cert is the answer!
Why hesitate when you can receive comprehensive Academic and technical study support and valuable training that can be tailored to fit your busy life, still helping you achieve a qualification you desire?